So let me assure you, you landed on the right page as here you will get that answer to your question which I figured out in quite some time. But I always try things simpler for others, especially when I have suffered the problem.
I don’t say that I will present you with the best solution, but I assure you that this one will not be a disaster like so many which I tried while achieving my favorite wooden mug. That is the best to have my beer, my coffee, and even is my true travel companion.
Easy Steps Towards Your Wooden Mug Making
Procedure To Carve And Construct Your Wooden Mug
Our previous mug which we made with the scrap pieces of wood and join them up to make our easy freezy but the cool wooden mug was an easy task. But now you are making it out of a thick log, so when you have your thick piece of wood. You need to draw a circle that will allow you to determine the circumference of your wooden mug.
Now you need to dig out the cylinder from inside and you will make your cavity which will be deep and wide enough to pour your beer, coffee, or whatever you like to drink your personally carved mug.
If you can’t afford a very thick piece of wood you can add on its handle by joining it with the help of glue. But I suggest it’s better to cut it in a single piece definitely for that you do need a Mug handle template as well. Draw the handle template on one side of the cylinder where you have already left a rectangular piece of wood that is no more than 1.5 inches thick.
Now carve and shape the wooden handle on one side as well. After you have done the carving part and you have brought it into the shape of a perfect wooden Mug. Now your mug is ready that is actually without any flaw or joint.
It’s time to add finishing into this masterpiece a perfect sculptured wooden mug. Furthermore, to add the finishing, you can use your hand to sand the whole mug. Or you can even use a belt Sander that can help you to finish the mug from the outside and a good sanding tool can help you to clear the inner cavity as well.
Is It Safe To Drink From Wooden Mug
Once you have your own carved and crafted wooden mug your next question that triggers your mind must be is it safe to drink from a wooden mug? So the answer is, definitely it is 100% safe to drink from your wooden mug. Because as far as wood is considered it is an organic material and it doesn’t cause any health hazard. As far as the finishes are concerned the finishes are also they too are perfectly organic. Moreover, safe to use with food so your terrific wooden mug is not only awesome in looks but also great to use due to its organic material and no health hazards.
Precautions While Using Wooden Mugs
While you are using your wooden mugs to serve drinks to yourself and your friends I suggest a few tips of using, those can save your hard work and you can use your wooden mugs for a longer period of time.
- Always use your wooden mugs with care and if they are made with joining scrap wood. you need to be more vigilant as dropping and falling can cause the joints to fall apart.
- If you use the dishwasher to wash your cups and mugs after your party time keep in mind that they are a bit special in their kind. So you need to wash them with hands as they are not just mugs but art pisces and do need extra care.
- If they are made out of a single log of wood they might get a bit heavy so keep in mind while handling them.
- While applying finishes be care full never use any toxic material as a sealant or shiner
- Never leave the liquid in the mug for a long period of time as wood can absorb it and can ruin your mug.
- While joining the pieces apply the glue with precision so that no cavity remains untouched.
- While casting the handle do keep in mind you need to design your handle in such a way that it proves you have an easy and strong grip.
- While sanding make sure that your mug is completely smooth and don’t have any rough strands as any rough strand can cause you severe inconvenience.