How To Print On Ceramic Mugs Perfectly
A hot question being asked frequently nowadays let’s figure out why…
Our coffee mugs do have an emotional bonding with us, they definitely pump the required boost to our mornings. Sipping out of them and holding them is a kind of ultimate pleasure and a good way to say GOOD MORNING to yourself or your loved ones.
As the emotions are getting connected to this kitchenware the urge of customizing them for yourself and your loved ones is getting high day by day. Even people are using this customization to promote their idea or even a business.
Different firms like to present printed ceramic mugs as a souvenir to their potential customers as they can stay in sight, so in mind.
So I m writing this blog today to motivate you and assist you in this brilliant money-earning artistic field where your DIY hobby can earn you a good living if not fully but partially.
Let’s start with Sublimation printing
Tea Forte Kati ceramic Cup
This one is the most long-lasting still most easy way of customizing your own mugs. You need to follow a few steps and yes here you go with your perfect printed ceramic mug. First of all, you need the following equipment to start
- An artistic and well-composed design
- A sublimation printer
- A heat transfer machine
- Sublimation ceramic mugs
- Sublimation inks
- Sublimation Paper
- Heat transfer tape
- A Tub of Cold Water
If you are loaded with your stationery here you go. you can select your image according to your choice or what your customer is asking for. If its something special just go ahead, Perfect and complete accurate measurements are the secret of an amazing print.
Second Step Of Sublimation Printing on Sheet
Now after designing Your template, you need to transfer it perfectly on your mug. For that first of all, you need to size the paper according to your mug as there are different sizes available. so make sure that either the paper is already sized according to your mug or you size it afterward.
1: Select the Right Options for the right printing, make sure that you have chosen the option “Mirror image” to print. Moreover, don’t select resolution any more than 300 DPI as it will consume more ink and involve more printing time. wastage of money.
2: As you are still printing on the paper make sure that you are using the coated side. and when your sheet is ready with the perfect design, let’s move forward to step 3
Third Step Of Sublimation Printing
While your paper printing is done now this is the time for something practical. Let’s adjust the paper according to your cup if I know you have already done it but now we need to fix it on the cup or the mug or any other sublimation product of your choice.
1: Make sure the paper is fully in contact with the surface of your product. because any gap or any loophole can cause you a misprint.
Fourth Step Of Sublimation Printing With Press
Now in the fourth step when your mug is ready and properly covered with a printed sheet. you just need a press to transfer It permanently on your mug. Set the temperature, on 400 degrees or 204 Fahrenheit, prepare your press for the transfer. Now we need to fix the pressure adjustments from medium to high so that no area remains untouched. if you have a timer setting engage it for 4 to 6 minutes.
Transfer timings can vary depending on the type of your press and your mug.
1: For excellence in time settings, experience, and experimentation will lead you to accuracy.
2: Any extra pressure can cause the cups to collapse due to intense heat.
And here you are I am sure in the end you will find all hard work paid as you will definitely get what you’re looking for, or what you are working on.
How to print a photo on a mug using an iron?
Using an iron instead of a sublimation press will not provide you the ultimate results but still, it’s an option. you have to follow a few steps and you will get the job done.
- First of all, you will need a perfect template printed out on a sublimation printer.
- Secondly, you will need to fix the template around your mug as tightly as possible leaving no crease and cramp.
- Fixed tightly in place with the help of heat-resistant tape.
- Now you need to put some pressure with the help of iron instead of a heat press.
- This is a bit technical as any extra pressure can break the cup or scratch the sheet.
- I suggest you wrap a foam sheet around the mug. after wrapping the design template and then apply slight and nice pressure. Until you feel all the areas fully covered and nothing left untouched.
- As you are using an iron do use safety gear for your hand as well. because the ceramic mugs will get extremely hot. Moreover, direct contact with it while you are pressing the image can harm or burn your hands.
- Now let the mug cool and wait until you can touch the mug and separate the paper and tape to see the results.
- I don’t promise that you will get a hundred percent results as are obtained with sublimation press but still for a DIY user it’s not a bad option.